Gunfire at North Carolina Juneteenth block party leaves 2 dead and 7 more shot with 5 others hit by cars in the chaos

GUNFIRE at a North Carolina Juneteenth block party has left two dead and seven shot, with five other people hit by vehicles, in ensuing chaos.

The incident took place at around 12.30am on Monday morning in north Charlotte, WBTV reported.

WBTV

Two people died[/caption]

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police told the outlet that cops were called to the area after hearing a pedestrian may have been hit.

When officers arrived, they found hundreds of people in the streets as gunshots went off.

One woman was reportedly pronounced dead on the scene and a second victim was taken to hospital and pronounced dead a short time later.

The police department said that nine people in total were shot, including the two fatalities.

The other seven people were taken to hospital, with at least five of them suffering with serious injuries, the outlet reported.

Five people who were hit by vehicle were also taken to hospital and suffered minor injuries.


“Preliminary information gathered during the investigation indicates that several shooters discharged dozens of shots in to the crowd who had been gathered in the area,” police told the outlet.

Witnesses told WBTV that people were gathering to celebrate Juneteenth along the Beatties Ford Road over the weekend.

They told the outlet that it was a happy and peaceful celebration.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *