News

Coleen Rooney is ‘disappointed’ in Rebekah Vardy’s £1m High Court lawsuit and says money could be ‘used better’

COLEEN Rooney branded Rebekah Vardy’s decision to drag their “Wagatha Christie” row to the High Court a waste of time yesterday – and said an offer of peace talks was still on the table.

The WAG said she felt the “time and money could be put to better use”.

Splash News

Coleen Rooney branded Rebekah Vardy’s decision to drag their ‘Wagatha Christie’ row to the High Court a waste of time[/caption]

Rex Features

Vardy’s lawsuit is a staggering £1million[/caption]

On Monday The Sun exclusively revealed how Rebekah, 38, launched a £1million lawsuit in a bid to clear her name after Coleen, 34, accused her of selling stories about her family to the media.

Rebekah, wife of Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy, 33, said Coleen had libelled or slandered her by making the accusation on social media back in October.

Following The Sun’s report, Coleen, who has four children with Derby County player Wayne, 34, said she was “disappointed” by Rebekah.

In a statement her lawyer Paul Lunt, of Brabners, said: “It is disappointing that Mrs Vardy has chosen to issue court proceedings.

Splash News

The pair, pictured here watching England, were once good pals[/caption]

“Coleen feels that the time and money involved could be put to better use; her offer to meet face to face still stands.

“Mrs Vardy’s decision to issue court proceedings does at least mean that Coleen’s evidence can be made public when the time is right.”

The case, which is expected to be heard later this year, will be one of the most explosive celebrity legal battles to be heard in London’s High Court.

The Sun told previously how the pair had attempted mediation alongside their legal advisers in the wake of Coleen’s claim that Becky leaked stories about her.

Rex Features

Rebekah called Coleens accusations the worst period of her life[/caption]

However they ended in a stalemate and both WAGs failed to come to an agreement.

Those close to Becky told The Sun she was determined to clear her name and insisted taking her case to the High Court was “not about any financial settlement.”

Coleen sacked her team of lawyers last month after they suggested her case against Becky was not “clear-cut”.

Splash News

Coleen is relishing presenting her evidence to the court[/caption]


She has since replaced them with a team of pricey media law specialists.

Last October Coleen claimed she posted a string of false stories using her Instagram account with restricted access to see if they appeared in the media, which they did.

All the stories which were subsequently printed in The Sun were put to Coleen’s reps for comment.

She went on to claim the only account to have viewed the content belonged to Rebekah – who immediately denied the allegation.


Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.

We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.


Tags

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close
Close